Well...
Last week when the mail came, I got a piece of mail that was shocking.... my "death papers". Yes... i can hardly believe that I only have 6 months left, and so just to slap it in my face, the President sent me a letter and said "hey.. time to step it up, You're dying soon" (not verbatim). So yeah. That was a weird day.
(ok... sorry... I just got distracted by the Mormon Messages on www.lds.org.... i literally got chills when I watched the one called "testimony of the Book of Mormon" with Elder Holland.. The coolest part is right at the beginning in the into page when it says "Elder Holland: Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ" oh ....chills.... i just watched it again. Go watch it... you'll see what I'm talking about)
This week was incredible. I'm trying to decided if it was the most successful week of my mission so far or not. Every week is awesome... but this is one of the ÊØ´ÂÍ´´´! weeks. I started to write a story, but then I remembered I kinda already wrote it in my presidents letter... so here's a excerpt from my weekly letter to P. Smitty:
"Hello again dear faithful leader. Greetings from the North. This week was packed with fun and teaching. I really feel like we worked hard...but i didn't notice because this "work" is just way too fun. These people are incredible. Their faith and hope amazes me sometimes. Sat night, our investigator, Mai (who got baptised on Sunday) showed up at the church and her right foot looked completely broken (umm...what's going on here in Chiang Mai...seriously). Turns out she was in a car accident as she was coming to the church to meet with us. Thankfully, a member was at the church with us and was able to take her to the hospital. So after that we, (sister Neilsen..who worries about everything WAY too much), just prayed and hoped that everything would turn out ok. And it did! When I talked to Mai later that night she said it wasn't broken, but she wanted to have a cast, but then she said, "but i didn't want it because I have to be baptised tomorrow". She's incredible. So, everything turned out just fine (as it always does with God). " (verbatim)
This girl is so funny. On Wed when we were teaching her she said "I wish I were God so I could turn you into a doll". She thinks Sister Nielsen is a tiger, and I'm a doll... like barbie...because of my eyelashes. I can't even begin to describe this girl, but she is amazing. I have seen her life change dramatically because of her faith.
Oh man... every week when i write letters home i feel like this... John 16:12. But mainly I can't bear to write them all becasue it takes too long and my writing doesn't give it justice. I feel much like the Book of Mormon writers who worry that they aren't good enough becasue of the awkwardness of their hands. Well, I'm not good enough because of the awkwardness of my...well, whole life... haha.
Today I found out if I'm going to move or not. hopefully I'll know before I end today emailing... but if not...We'll all just have to wait some more to find out where I'll be for next weeks letter. Oh mom, I haven't gotten the package yet, beacuse they don't send packages all the way up to Chiang Mai... they wait for us to come down to Bangkok...so I'll get it tomorrow! So "thank you!", in
advance.
I put some more pics up...enjoy those. I really love my life. And yes, i will actually be very sad to leave this place. I LOVE it here. It's my 2nd home. So if you do come here to Thai-land... make sure you plan a trip to the heavenly North. I will miss this members. Ugh. I love them.
Ok... Well, I think that's all for today. Thank you all for you constant love and support. the church is TRUE.
Love, Hilary
No comments:
Post a Comment