May 2, 2010

Well, last week when I wrote to you, I was waiting for the phone call to tell me that I was moving "for sure". 2 hours after I finished writing, they called. So I packed everything up, took a 14 hour train ride to Bangkok, a 30 min songtaw to the church, sat and listened to all the greenies try and speak Thai (oh, that felt like just yesterday for me), listened to the "Joppers" testimonies, listened to training, listened to everyone else get their new assignments, and then FINALLY... I found out where I was moving. And then I was sent home... so see you soon!


Ok... just getting. I was sent "Home" though. Aka Bangnaa... aka my GREENIE area. I'm not gonna lie, it was quite the shocker and at first I really didn't know how to feel. Moves meetings days are always crazy anyways (it's like the one day where I didn't sleep for 2 days straight, because i was traveling from Afognak to Anchorage, playing all day/night, then flying forever to get to Arizona for the wedding, and then had to just keep going...and so I cried for stupid reasons just because I was sooo tired/excited/etc...) So... anyways.. It was hard to leave my little happiness in Chiang Mai. That will forever be my favorite part of Thailand...mainly because so far it's been the longest time in one area, and there were just so many miracles that happened while I was there, I can't even BEGIN to explain it all. And then, it was kinda hard to think about going back to my first area. It's back to feeling to opposite feelings at the same time, that makes me all confused. I'm SOOO excited to be back here in Bangnaa because now I can acutally TALK and get to know people for REAL.... but it's also so weird because it's my greenie area... and it was kinda crazy. But it's nice that I don't have to get to know a new area.... and I get to go see some old friends and really get to know them this time. Church was really fun yesterday because everyone was just like "What the?... you're back... were are your parents... they didn't come to pick you up?" and then I told them no... I still have 6 months left of my mission... I'm just back to serve here again. (it's cool to see that I actually HAVE progressed with the language.. I remember making a mental note in the head that if I could ever understand this one dad of an investigator here in this city, then I know I could understand Thai... and yesterday I talked to him for about 20 mins with no problem and we're going back on today to see the rest of his family.... Awesome)

My new comp, Sister Jacobson, is fun. She's one of the sisters I really haven't ever know except for seeing at moves meetings, so it'll be fun to get to know her more. She kinda reminds me of Megan, a lot. It's fun.

Actually... I'll tell you more about this all next week. When I talk to you (has it really been that long already again!... i just talked to you all like 5 sec again.

Here's the deal.. same as last time... just different number... 01166815566656.. the ones at the beginning are the country codes and such... 81-556-6656 is our cell phone number. You should call next Sunday night.. around 7 pm... that'll be Monday (p-day) for me.. So basically anytime Sunday night for you... cause I have all day monday.. :) ... I'll just wait and try to guess who's calling before I pick it up. (i know mom and dad will call for sure... I think anyone else family who wants to can... I guess? just coordinate with the parentals... like that time i talked to you all from the airport. :) I'm trying to make a list of things to talk to you about... or questions... so do the same and that will make sure our convos are at correct level of awesome. oh, speaking of awesome. Riles!!! I loved your letter. Thanks so much. You too Jill.. it was the perfect combo of hilarity, joy and deliciousness.. Same to you too, mom. Thanks for the package!!! I LOVE YOU ALL

I'll TALK to you all soon. .Kisses

Galatians 1 :20

Love, Hilary

P.S. happy birthday Adriana!

No comments: