Apr 11, 2010

April news so far

4/11/10

Hello from the wettest place in the world.. (beside the ocean...or a pool...or a tsunami) Just in case you thought new years was over...IT"S NOT! Happy Thai New Year!! It's now Officially the hottest part of the year (no joke...it was 113 degrees the other day...and probably today) but luckily Thailand has a great way of dealing with the heat: They have a MASSIVE super-soaker crazy (on the verge of insane) water fight (aka my 5th grade dreams are coming true....all i need is soda coming out of the drinking fountain and I'm set). It's 9:40 am and yes, we've already been soaked. So needless to say...this is the hardest part of the year for missionary work in Thailand.. wish us luck. We, here in Chiang Mai, have truly been blessed and will be having our own water festival... with the waters of baptism.. We're just getting everything ready for Gung, Blue and Bow's baptism this coming Sunday. Speaking of Sunday... wasn't Conference AMAZING!!!!?! I think my favorite (yet again) was Elder Hollands talk. (and you shouldn't be serving tea anyway. Oh man. All of our leaders are truly called of God and I really loved how they ALL talked about Family. If that theme wasn't apparent or clear enough, I suggest you start strengthen your families... I support everything they talk about and I can't wait to read it in a month. Yes please. Utah looked glorious. I'm really glad you were able to go and have spring break up in the motherland (Mom, Fawther and Jen-babe). And I may be a little jealous of your time spent with the kiddies. they are just too cute. I love my family. I really do love you all. Even though you think I don't because I'm always out and about... you are my true family and Eternity will be so fun (and full of ice cream.....but lets try to keep the word of wisdom, please.. haha)

This week was great. We worked really hard because we knew this week would be difficult...and wet. Today's not even our P-day, but because Thailand during Songkran is like BYU during a Tuesday devotional and everything shuts down, they advised us to email today. So yes... nothing's different for you.. just telling you what's up. As far as the questions about Earthquakes and redshirt riots and all... we're totally fine. Didn't know about either of them.... but sometimes we are told to watch out for riots. This week, because it's Songkran and all morals are thrown out the window, we have to be in by 6pm every night...so that'll be ....fun?

In preparation of conference we taught everyone about Prophets. It was so cool to see people faces when they found out there were LIVING prophets today. It was pretty incredible. President Monson is a great man. It is so great (and comforting) to know that we have a man, called of God, to lead and direct us. Oh man, The church is TRUE...

In other news: next week is my 1 year mark.. what the? I don't want to talk about it.

I LOVE THAILAND. I decided I'm never coming home. I'll just be here in Chaing Mai. Come visit me.

Just so you know... if I have ever known you in my life, my companions know about you too...(we're together 24/7,, ok? it's not weird) So don't be surprised if a stranger walks up to you and asks how your ( insert some part about your life) is doing? They were probably just my Comp. (Yes, TJ... my comp knows you joined the army and she knows all about "I KNOW" and how our India/Thailand trip might be awake because we're not married... haha and that you have black siblings even though you white. (and no... you can take THIS as my repentance) And now everyone knows, and some people are confused... Don't worry about it. So yes. I love you all. Thank you for your love and support (and letters/emails).

Well, i think that's all for today. I don't know what else to write. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life and keeping the commandments (because that's TRUE happiness). I will write again next week and maybe have some pics from the madness that is my life.

Take care

The church is TRUE

Farewell to Manzanar

Love, Sister O'Neil

No comments: