Familia,
(yes, Spanish words DO still pop up in my Thai...)
Just in case you thought something happened because I didn't email yesterday, don't worry. We had to switch our P-days this week because yesterday we had Zone Conference. So here I am now.
Next week for p-day we're going to a place called Aayuttya... It was lots of cool things apparently. It'll be a fun little "T.O." with some other sisters. So Just in case we don't have enough time to email (which I'm sure we'll make time for it, but JUST in case..) don't worry. I'm fine...just on a train somewhere in Thailand. :) This moves our zone is concentrating on service. So for the past 2 weeks, and the next 5, we will be serving for 3 hours each week at a local hospital. OH man, it's so random. I think maybe I told you about it a little last week? Oh no, lies, we hadn't even gone yet. But anyways, yes. While I do love to serve, the two times we've gone, I felt more like they were serving us...The had us do things that easily could have been done by the people standing around (probable cause we were doing their job) and then they feed us too and everything. Plus it's kind funny to see how people react to white people in the hospital. I'm 98% sure they think we're doctors, esp the Elders. We go every Tuesday, which is Pregnant day at the hospital. Seriously...soo many pregnant woman. Sister Wichitrra and I served in the delivery area. No, we didn't help delivery any kids, but we did make cotton swap things (chop stick type sticks that we glued cotton too with elmer's glue). All the women in the room (around 40) had all had their babies in that last 2 days... It made me grateful for our hospitals and heath care.
We're excited about this moves. We have some great potential. Hopefully we'll get ride of this "curse" with the elders. All of their investigators end up being crazies. ( One man tells us he has no brain. Another is this communist Thai guy who dresses like an American Indian...actually he looked pretty awesome, i wish I got a picture with him) But just in the past couple days we're all meet some great people. This one girl (25 years old), Cat, just became an investigator. We meet her on Monday, and last night she came to English class and was all excited about the BOM, told me she read a couple chapters already and even shared one of her favorite scriptures with me. yay! The Lord really does prepare people. The language is getting better everyday too. Just last night I was able to lead the English class (and because it's the basic, we actually speak more Thai than English) by myself and not feel stressed. Things are just becoming FUN now. I mean, they were before, but in comparison to now, this is way better.
We signed a contract for our new house. YAY! That means the first day of next moves (Oct 1) we move. So since I'm pretty sure sister W will be moving on from Bangnaa, that means my new comp will spend her first day moving the whole house. yay! Welcome to Bangnaa.. haha. It's just in time too, our current house is just getting worse. Our air conditioning stopped working for a couple days, but I fixed it. My pencil and sister Wichittra's prayer fixed it, actually. haha. And then, the other day while cleaning dishes we were getting little shocks. Turns out the new pump wasn't put in correctly, had a leak and therefore since we were standing in the water (from the leak) and electricity was running through it, we were getting little shocks. We had them come fix it again, and we discovered the source of the smell (that was also a side affect from the faulty installation). There was so much electricity running through that a poor little frog came over into our back yard and was electrocuted. And died. ("shocking, isn't it.") But don't worry. I've never been in any real harm. Don't worry mom.
Sister Wichittra's Birthday was last Sunday. We celebrated by eating taco's that the elders made. Ok, they're so good at making food.. Does any one have any suggestions for quick, good food that we can make without an oven (aka in the microwave)? (we have a good 3 min, brownie recipe that we love to make sometimes).
Well, my time is up here. I love you all. Thank you again, and always for everything. Take care and enjoy your week!
Love,
Sister O'Neil
or Sister O'Meil... I got a letter from one of sister Wichittra's friend who is serving at Temple square and she calls me that. She wrote "P.S. When did you get your Family name"? It sounds interesting..." I'm not exactly sure what she means, but I'm writing her back " Actually it's "Oatmeal" and it's from my great great grandfather, Quaker. K. Love you. Farewell to Manzanar.
No comments:
Post a Comment