Aug 13, 2009

Happy Mothers day 2552!

Hello there Family!

Well, it's Mother's day here in Thailand. So, Happy Mothers day mom. Sorry it's the "second"one in a row I won't be able to call you for. :)

This week was a good week! So random, but every day on a mission is. But first some orders of business: Kellie's email address is kellrocks@gmail.com. Thank you. that was a very good idea. I don't know why didn't think of it earlier. Do you forward it to the bences (laura/tara/leah) and Owens too? Tammie mentioned that she reads them on line, so that's cool. But thank you for doing that. Please tell Jake and Spencer Congrats! I'll be excited to meet their children when I get home. ;) Congrats to Jen for getting your license! You can finally be my driver. Come on over to Thai-town- we've got a couple thousand took tooks you can drive too. Finish your homework! :) I don't know why my clothes are falling off... I don't think i've lost any weight. The food is too good here for that nonsense. But yes, I'm always flushed...it's hot here and we ride our bikes everwhere and I love my life. Oh yeah mom...Ryan's girlfriend's name is Gina. It always takes me a min to figure out who you're talkng about... :) Please tell them I said "hello!!" I don't need anything really. I don't really need any money either. Things are cheap here in Thailand, and I'm a missionary, so we don't really use a lot of money. :) But thank you...you seriously are amazing! We didn't move, or haven't moved yet. Our house is just fine, it just has a lot of character (i.e. plumbing that likes to electrocute me a litte bit, every toilet leaks from the most random places, bugs..I currently have 23 bites (yes!) etc, etc). The sisters have apparently trying to move for a while (the church has lived there for 9 years now) so I get to be the lucky one to try and move us. It's kinda of a hassel, but kinda fun. Moves meeting is tomorrow and no one in our district is moving, which means I'll probably stay where I am for a least 3 more months (2 moves). I love Bangnaa, so that's exciting. This ward is great. Just today we spent all morning making food for the mothers day activity. IT was really fun, especially becasue it just gave me another opportunity to be so awkward. (yay! I love the awkward game!). I just want to tell these people "look. I promise I have a personality and am I'm not retarted at everything I do... It just can't do it in Thai yet." But everyday gets better. Random "firsts" for the week (besides making Thai good, and by good,i mean food..) Switch offs! that means I had a different company for 24 hours. However, that Thursday/Friday ended up being the day of misadventures. On our way to meet the other sisters we left our phone in the taxi. Awesome- add that too the list (Lose phone: check!) But it was quick, easy and fairly cheap to replace it. So then when my new companion (Sister Nielsen - also a junior comp who has been here for 6 months maybe?) got back to our area, we got a phone call from the other sisters who said that we had their keys to their house in the pther area. (awesome) So for a min we thought we had to go all the way back to give them the keys. but we didn't becasue then they called and said the landlord hand them too. So then about an hour later, they called from the elders phone and said "just kidding, they didn't work, and then our phone died. We're coming there." So another hour later we ended up having a slumber party! yay! Good thing we had an extra huge matress. So that acutally was kinda of fun. The whole switch off experience was good too. I had to step up a little bit and lead the area. Plus I learned that I need to work even harder. But you can only eat an elephant one piece at\ a time, right? Another first... I had to be the accomanpist for a musical number in church. they asked me right before they sang in sacrament meeting. Good thing it happened to be my favorite song. (they love If you could Hie to Kolob. It's not even in their hymnal). I still did a very bad job though.. you know the level of my musical ablilty. But i'm just glad i could help. And now I want to practice more so I can help again some other time and acutally play well.

Well, the work is going. Everyday. The start of a new moves is a fresh start, even if it is with the same companion and area and all. So I'm excited. New goals to reach (oh yes.. yay for finishing the BOM in one moves! Check!) and more work to do. It will be fun to see everyone tomorrow. This moves EVERYONE will be there. All the missionaries in Thailand, together in one place.. rare! And I'm excited to see my noong thai's again (they just came from the MTC).

I love you all. Thanks for everything. Always and forever. The church is true!

Love, Sister O'Neil.

No comments: