Dec 16, 2012

White Board Wonders


Last week we had an impromptu math lecture in our living room. We needed something to write on so I grabbed the whiteboard from my room and hung it up on the wall.  And then something magical happened. The white board became our new obsession. I don’t know why it was so fun to practice college algebra that night (especially when I felt so frustrated that I couldn’t remember how to do it) but it started a learning revolution and altered the way we spent time together.   


Just last night we were at dinner with friends and Erin looked over at me and said “You know what we forgot? The whiteboard!” and there was a general overall sadness that we forgot our new BFF.

I know that this may sound ridiculous- and you’re right… I’m romanticizing it all (I mean COME ON… a WHITEBOARD?)  But I just am in love with it and the idea of endless possibilities. We could do anything with that board!  It’s fun to say “oh we have a guest lecture tonight on Public Health, or Research Methods, or life skills  (“you have to break some boundaries to make some boundaries.” Pictionary has also made a comeback. It’s a nice throwback to the days when you actually had to spend time talking and interacting together instead of just spending time together looking at a screen.  But I’m not going to lie… if you know me at all, you know I love my youtube videos. Half of the words that come out of my mouth are quotes (ghetto grocery bag) .So I love both watching/sharing great hilarious videos, but I also enjoy talking with people and having old school fun.   

No comments: