Feb 1, 2010

Time to change months on the family Calendar!!

It's February.....or Gumphaphan as we say here in Thai Town.

And it's been the most exhaustifying 4 days of a new moves ever. And for several reason. 1...even though I absolutely love riding the train down... it's still tiring to be on it for 12-15 hours....get to Bangkok...have a Moves meeting, training, hanging out at the Church, cramming in a taxi with 5 other sister to go eat with everyone at our favorite farang restaurant (Que Pasa) then going back to the church.... WAITING some more... Then hoping on a "song taw" to go wait some more at the train station. Then waiting even longer because it hasn't come yet. The being on the train for another 15 hours. Then getting back to Chiang Mai and starting a new "moon" I love my life.

2. My New companion (Sister Neilsen) is great. She is a track star from Utah State. So every morning we get up and run for 45 min. (she runs, I pretend to keep up with her....yay for tracks) She is a lot of fun.

3. Today we rode our bikes up to this wat (buddhist Temple) in the mountains. We see it everyday from the city and today our district went up there...So TIRING...But so fun... especially the way back. (it reminded me of our Anzabargo trips...but way greener and longer and in Thailand) Yes... mountain biking in Thailand. Yes please. But I'm sooo tired....

Other than that, things are going well. We were supposed to have a baptism this past Sunday...but she "text message broke up with us" We met her on Wed RIGHT before we went to the train station... and then 2 hours later I check the phone and she says "i can't get baptised this Sunday because I'm going away." and she hasn't answered since. I'm not too worried though...She is having family problems and such... and yeah, it's too long to explain...but I just like thinking that we were texted messaged broke up with. "you can't text message break up!" *shoes...let's party* (yes...Cody probably got that... :) ) But in better news...we are having a baptism this Sunday. and she can't text message break up with us because she doesn't have a phone. :)

I love you all! I hope you're all happy and health and loving life. And reading scriptures and going to the temple and praying, etc, etc. It will change your life for the better.


Sister O'Neil

No comments: