Feb 21, 2010

Kanklesssssss

Hello from Kankle land!

So.... now that's it been a little while and you've all heard about my mis-adventures....I'll tell you how my week has been....

(please see Picasa photos - the one where I'm just in my bed...)

Well... that pretty much explains my week!


Until next week!

Ok.... la len!

I think I'll actually be able to reach my goal of reading the whole new testament before the end of moves..... 7 days of laying in bed should provide ample opportunity. I've loved it... just reading and hanging out. But I've hated it at the same time. Your RM's know how it's no fun to be sick (or have a sick comp) while you're on your mission. But we're doing our best. Sister Nielsen continues to be amazing and helps me ALL the time. And even laughs at me too. I love it.

This week I've learned a lot about prayer and service. Everyday when we leave our house we pray that a Tuk Tuk or Song Taw comes along fast so we don't have to walk ALL THE WAY to the main road. And I noticed that every time we go out and start talking to anyone and invite them....something comes along.. So now I just make it a point to start talking to anyone and then I know one will come along. IT's great. Prayer is real! Yesterday I taught the new members class at Church and we talked about service. I just wanted to let everyone know that everyone here (the members, non-members, investigators, Thai-peops) are sooo nice! The ward is really taking care of us. Sister Ooy Brought us breakfast 3 days in a row and it was DELICIOUS. Then there is this other member here, Sister Ellen, who I want to make an extra special mention about. Sister Ellen is amazing. She is this white woman who has lived here for about 11 years because she and her friend (Sister Rainy) own a fly fishing company (called Rainy's... they're based our to Logan, UT and their factory is here in Thailand.) And she is just amazing. Not only did she pick us up to go shopping, push me around in the wheelchair at the supermarket, bought us some treats, and THEN she found some "normal" crutches (from the America) and so my life has improved even more...(upgraded to the 21 century). And this is the same woman who invites all the missionaries over for dinner almost every Sunday....We love her. She's really just like my American-mom in Thailand. So bless her heart. So many people are helping us our here, I feel truly blessed. I mean come on...Who breaks their ankle on their mission and GET'S TO STAY? ... Wow... I love my life.

So... I think that's all for now. Thanks for the love and prayers and support and everything. I LOVE YOU ALL... SO SO MUCH!!!

Until next week!

Love, Sister O'Neil

P.S. Brenda.... we're not even allowed to touch boys on our mission....let alone date or get engaged to someone...hahha. Kellie! I LOVE YOU!!! Katie Shaw...SHAB IT ON A POST IT...oh man.... I laughed for a long time...I love you..

No comments: