Sep 29, 2009

สู๊ดย๊อดดด!!!

Start date 09.30.2552:

This week has been filled with craziness and surprises. I don't even know where to begin. So... Last Thursday, we had to go to the office to pick up a new sister. She is a brand new Thai Missionary (and they come in a week before Farangs) so we were a Threesome for a week. Awesome. We had a lot of GREAT progress with our investigators, good work with the ward, and we even had a bapitism planned for this next Sunday. We've been having fun WALKING, ALL DAY in the RAIN... it's seriously rainy season now. The streets flood (all of them) and we I felt like I was at the beach becasue of the waves that would come every time a bus passed us on the streets. I've come to the decision that riding bikes is superior to walking. I'm always so much more exhausted when we walk opposed to riding. If we go a day without riding that Babylon song "I want to ride my Bicycle" comes to mind... (oh, Queen...) So then, becasue Moves meeting is Tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday (and Today) are full of wonderment and anticpation. Monday-- we try to guess what's going to happen. On Tuesday, we all change our guesses after we get the phone calls that tell us who's going to move or not. This Tuesady was especially fun.. I had to go down to the office and Downtown to renew my Visa ( every 3 months is country) So we were with a bunch of other missionaries as everyone got "the calls". So we had finished our Visa business and then gone to our local missionary favored resturant (Que Pasa--ohh I love Mexican food!) when we finally got our call. Well.. surprise surprise... We already knew that sister Wichittra would be moving becasue she's already been in Bangnaa for 4 moves (6 months-time to move) and since I just got here, and typically they only replace one missionary so the other one can lead and continue the work with the invesitagotors--(all of you have been on missions understand this) we assumed I would be staying. Which was perfect becasue i know the area, our investigators, our new Landlord, etc... But WATCH OUT...we're both moving!?! what the... ok. So... then we went into hyper drive becasue we have sooo much to do before Thursday mornning moves meeting. We spent ALL day yesterday moving all of the stuff from our old house to the new one. Thanks to the office Elders and our wonderful Elders in our district, we were able to successfully move everything. The only hard things was getting ride of all the junk left over from the 9 years of missionaries who had passed through that house. Missionary houses are interesting.. And it was hard to get ride of stuff becasue my Thai sisters wanted to keep everything, while our American mentality is to get ride of everything we don't need. But really... "we don't need that map of Camobia from 1960, Sister.... It's torn in 3 pieces anyway." Needless to say, I spent a lot of time going through and throwing stuff awayl.. Now of next project is to set up the new house and prepare everyrthing as well as possible for the poor new sisters who have to boldly (and blindly) move into this area. We just hope our new landlord brings all the promised items for the house today... Oh man...

And I haven't even started to pack for real yet. Awesome.

I really do love everything about missions. Everything. Thailand is AWESOME. The Gospel, AWESOME.

In other news, while I was in the office the other day I got to talking with one of the Elders who was in the MTC with me (one transfer behind me.) Elder McConkie.. and we discovered that we both know the Huffs. He was like "you live in Pasadena? My aunt lives there" Turns out it was the Huffs. So we had a fun time chatting about that. So if you see them, please tell them we say hello from Thailand. Their nephew is an amazing missionary. He's going to do FANTASTIC things here.
Umm, I'm running out of time, and I have a lot to do. But. It was fun to hear from a few of you today. Katie K Shaw lady... I love you. You know this. I can't belive it's been a year since you went to Utah. (and No, we didn't get to see Women's conference either mom, And conference will come a week after it is in the states, so EnjoY!!!) Sister Clive! Thanks for the email. That was a fun surprise. Good to hear about all your adventures. I hope All your kids are having fun and success. Did the fires stop? It's hot here too, but the sheet of water falling from the sky prevents forrest fires (much like smokey the bear... or you?...umm yeah... ) anways. Family- I love you all soooooo much and I hope you remember that. Tara- thanks for the email.. However, you forget to mention your new address.. So, just so you Bence girls know.. it's NOT my fault you're not getting letters from me. I do NOT have a address to send things to you. I love you. Kellie!!! You are sensational.. and I love you...7 times over.. I'm currently in the process of writing back.. but it might take a while (for everyone actually) with this whole moving craziness business.) (she might should)

Please don't judge my English skills.... I know they're are decressing.

Well, I'll write to you next week from a new city and with a new comp. ( i think i'll be a threesome.. why? i don't know-- but that's how i feel.)

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE...

Sister O'Neil

No comments: