Sep 9, 2009

2 months!

Well, I've been in ประเทสไทย for ๒ months now. To say it out loud makes is sounds like a while, but I really feel like I JUST got here, hmm, maybe 5 seconds ago. (oh, but wow-- to think that I was on a train only a week ago??? That seems like 5 years ago...) Hokay, anyway..

The work is progressing here in บางนา. We're seeing fine progress with some of our investigators, finding new ones and teaching. As always. However, we are always on the hunt for new people to teach and ways to make our Vision for Thailand become reality. We didn't have any new exciting service reports for this week because we had to go to the office for interviews instead. It ended up being a full day event because President Smith just got off a plan and came straight to the office. Then there were a lot of missionaries who talked for a long time with him. President Smith is so great. I really respect and love him. And his Wife. She's great. Today we just came back from Bowling in Downtown for a Zone เที่ยว. It was at this WAY "hi-so" mall in the heart of Bangkok. It was a lot of fun to bowl with everyone. yay.

They just announced the list of words that will change in the new year for the church in Thailand, including the Name of the church. It's kinda exciting. They're going to release a triple combination, too. We're all excited about that. They also made a goal for everyone to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. So, I've made that a goal for myself also. Read the Book of Mormon, In THAI, before the end of the year. It's hard, especially seeing I can only read about 15 verses in an hour right now... BUT... already I can see improvement. Reading the Book of Mormon does miracles. Honestly. Everyone should read it. Every day. It will change your life. If you read it already..do it again. and again. It will still change your life.

I hope the rest of the clan is doing well. I tip my hat to all of you. and also say "farang!" Oh yeah. Lisa, Thanks again for the picture of the family you sent to me while I was in the MTC. I use it almost everyday and it's a great door opener for me to use with people. Whenever I don't understand what they're saying, I just change the subject and say "oh hey-- look at all these white people". It's quite fun. So thanks. You are all famous in Thailand.

I got an email from Kathy. It's nice to hear how my second family is doing. :) Iowa, Leah? Wow. I didn't expect that one. David, I'm not that surprised. Laura, Tara.... Unacceptable. Daniel's going to the singles ward! wow! Way to go DAN. If you don't mind, I would really appreciate if I could get all of the new addresses.. I can't send letters because I don't know where to send them. :) Kathy: there are often times when I'm teaching English where I like "oh man...what would Kathy do.? I should have come to your class and picked up some tips. It's so fun!

To all of you other Blog stalkers: Thanks for taking time to read this. I'm glad I could help you distract yourself from work or homework and such.. or just fill your empty time with something to read. Trust me, I know how that is. You are all my dear friends and I miss you. I hope all of your life happenings (i.e., marriages, graduations, babies, movies, cooking(s), movings, schooling, or nothings/everythings) are all exciting and progressing. Remember what they taught you in Primary ( go to church, read your scriptures, pray, etc.) and you'll be just fine. Now: some of you won't understand or care about the next few things I"m going to write, but you'll know what I'm talking about, if you know what I'm talking about. Ready Go... "I don't know Hilary, he wants a Fanta" She might should. Coot on Goodge street. So did she! Hey, remember that time... Grizz. Boots with the fur. You would. "Our house" the boat. BIKE CLUB (it's even better in Thailand).. CoCo in the Morning cause it just feels so right. OK ladies, we're going for a walk. and then....temptation came. Lot's Wife. BLT. "iiieeeeee"

OK- that's all I got for right now. Email me sometime. It's free to all. You'll just have to wait for a couple weeks for a response. I LOVE you all จริง จริง.

No comments: