Hello Hello dearest famile,
Well... another one bites the dust. (meaning weeks) I am really astonished beyond all measure (much like Alma and his brethren after hearing the prayers of the Zoramites) by how fast the time is flying. Can it just slow down a little bit? Thanks. This week was full of adventures (as per usual). I think one of my favorite moments was my phone call with Pres smith... he calls and this is all I hear "Hi Sister O'neil.. Normally when I hear "tranny" i think of transmissions....but your from California...so let me tell you what the church hand book of instructions says about this.." Or my favorite moment could be the day that I did switch offs with my dear Little Lifferth... My "pii" thai from the MTC who I really haven't talked to for a year.... so that 24 hours together was pure bliss and enjoyment. Or it could be the baptism we had yesterday. Or the new family that actually came to church! Or it could be that I'm in Thailand... Or that I'm a missionary... so yes... all of them above is the correct answer. (+2 for me)
This week I've noticed something very interesting. It is: I had to come be a MISSIONARY to learn how to be a MEMBER... We (as a mission) very truly feel like this is a turning point in Thailand... It's the general feeling (from GA down) that it's time for Thailand to Grow up... as a church.. They depend on the missionaries too much for everything, and so now it's our job to help them grow on their own. The members here are great... but we're trying to help them learn how to be dependent on their own members and not on the missionaries. (we teach investigators... not do visiting teaching FOR the members). So... I pretty much could go on an on for hours about this, but basically I just want to say...If you're not doing your home or visiting teaching...DO IT. Please... It's like tithing... sometimes it feels like a really hard sacrifice...but in the end you can receive the blessings the Lord wants to give you. If you are helping the missionaries... help them for real by finding people for them to teach... they arent' the ones that you can just say. "oh, this person's inactive...send the missionaries..." We as missionaries are blessed enough...you need to get blessings too... This is not like supererogation where I can do good things and pass the blessings along to you. ( See The Great Apostasy by Elder Talmage for more details... i may have spelled it wrong too...but such is my life in Thailand) Spread the love, help yourself, help the world... help the church grow. You'll find it's the best thing in the world... (universe...everything).
Umm... what else... We got locked in at the church yesterday...that was fun... They don't give us keys to the church at this ward because the sisters a few months ago lost them --twice... and their special keys from the America.... so it was funny when the sister who lives down the street came to rescue us... "I'm your hero." yes you are... sister Nok... thanks.
OK.. well.. I think that's all for now. I'm alive and well and loving my life. I hope you are all doing the same. Thanks for all your support and stuff.
Love, Sister O'Neen.
PS.. katie-k-shaw lady... I love you.. thank you for you emails.. I love them always...I just can't wait.
Brenda... Girl!! she has 3 kids now? what the? crazy.... Congrats on your new job too!
Kell dawg... Happy b-day again... was it fun?
No comments:
Post a Comment