7/19/10
Hello there dear family,
Well, sorry I didn't email yesterday...they changed things up a bit on us this week, so "p-day" is today... but nobody seemed to notice, So i don't feel bad. And today is kinda strange too because we're actually at the office because today we have to go out with the new missionaries for an hour to help them "jump right in". So... basically I don't know what today is..... (besides Tuesday, July 20.... what the..?)
So yes.. this week was great! Missionary work as normal, but this week was filled with going on switch offs to a new area (with a greenie) getting sick.... (*cough.* that's still lingering a bit... but no biggy...being sick is just part of the work too). Then on Sunday we the a baptism of Bow. She is awesome. Her boyfriend (a Thai) found the church while studying in Australia and got baptised. Then he shared the gospel with his girlfriend (Bow) and she studying and found it to be try and so this past Sunday she was baptized! Oh, and random.. I never cease to be amazed by how small this world is:... On our last teaching appointment with Bow before her baptism, Pete (the boyfriend) called and asked to speak with me... (I was a little nervous/excited because I only heard about him, but had never talked to him). So we were talking and one of the first things he said was "oh, I know your friend Elder Kim" ok... i was like "who? I don't know an Elder Kim... is he Korean?" (i still don't know why I knew that) So i was a little confused but then thought "maybe I should check...he might be from La Canada stake.." so... just now, I looked at the handy email from the La Canada ladies (thanks again!) and sure enough... There is an Elder Kim who is serving in Australia from L.A. and apparently we "know" each other... How small is our world. An Elder from my "home"stake, is teaching a recent convert in Australia, who just happens to be the boyfriend of my (now) recent convert here in Thailand... The church is true. Amen.
So yes.. things are still going good.. And because of the late p-day, and can tell you about moves that are happening tomorrow.. yesterday morning I got a phone call at 8:30 am from President Smith: "how's my So Cal sister doing today?" Then he basically told me that I was going to train.. So yay, that will be fun. Sister Akagi, my dear friend since the MTC will be moving to a new area, and I will be staying in mine with a new 'dear heart" (mom? i just felt like you when i wrote that). Actually, I'm the only missionary that will stay that same in my Area of Bankapi... everyone else will be new, so...that will be fun too. new and exciting things... i just hope that I can do a good job.... i still feel like a greenie (doesn't help that I'm wearing ALL green today, too... yes!)
Ok...i think that's it for now. I love my life. I love yours, FOR you. Pray, get answers to your prays by reading the good word, and go to church and be grand.
Until next time...
SHAKE it up!
Love,
Sister O'Neil
P.S. Parentals... the office got your letter...every things good. :)
P.P.S. friends... I salute you.
No comments:
Post a Comment