7/4/10
God Bless America...
It's still the 4th where you are... but here in Thailand... no one cares about the 4th of July. This morning we got up, CLEANED the house (my saga to clean this house still continues...slowly, but surely) (oh which reminds me...thanks for that book mom... ironic that it came just right after cleaning the house the first time.. I wish missionaries would take better care of the houses... I know we're not really in it... but still! Sounds like Justin's having fun times with his house too) So after deep scrubbing and killing 3 cockroaches (+) we got ready and went to the Presidents house for a sisters activity (aka enrichment) We made cards again... and it was mainly just fun to see all the sisters. I love my life. And these sisters... They really are sisters (calm down Jenny/Megan/Lisa ....they're not as "real" as you..) So yes... enjoyed chatting with the sisters in an American smelling house (it was delightful...it smelled like Christmas because of the rolls baking in the oven) Then we stopped by the office and then came back here to Bankapi.. So that was my day today...
"But what about the rest of the week?" you ask......
well... let me tell you:
It was pretty much like every other week.. We taught...we got some "phid nads" (appointments that fell through) got some unexpected people to teach, ran into some members at the grocery store right after church ( don't worry WE were just locking our bikes up so we could walk around) Some investigators progressing...some we dropped....
We continue our search to find families.
My comp cut her hair last week and it's so cute... I'm jealous... I miss my bangs... haha..... that was random... but i just looked at her again (we're the only people in the whole Internet cafe who are NOT a 13 or younger boy playing games and yelling at each other... joy)
Is it really July?...... last year I was having a "MTC rave 4th of July" and then hoping on a plane to come to my home, Bangkok Dangerous. That felt like 5 seconds ago...
So...nothing too exciting or crazy......We're in a drought apparently... so we're praying for rain (as we bike through floods..... but for Thailand it's a drought)
The church is true.. I try to live my life like this: 2 Nephi 5:27. I invite you to do the same.
I love you all..
Love, Sister O'Neil
No comments:
Post a Comment