Oct 14, 2009

And the floods came up!

Hey there,

Well, another week has passed and what a rainy one it was! Our street FLOODS big time. In fact, we just rode our bikes in the knee high water to get here to email. It's quite entertaining really. I believe we got drenched about 4 times while riding bikes around. This week was all about water. Just this morning we took a klong monster to China Town. (a Klong is a river, filled with nasty water that smells, but the ride is so fun!) It's an interesting way to commute to work. I think the weirdest part was that it felt so normal. I could definitely live here. Then we've been having a great time riding the Klong paths. It just makes me so happy to be riding my bike around Thailand on a klong path (in a skirt), passing Buddhist temples and Islam temples, hearing the prayer calls and monk prayers and street vendor horns and THAI speakers and enjoying the dramatically beautiful full and fluffy clouds. All of that just in the 10 min ride to an investigators house where we ending up setting a baptismal date withe her. oh man, I love my life.

This past weekend we got to watch conference. All in Thai. Our English copies didn't work. But it was definitely an interesting experience. I love how the spirit transcends language. However, I AM really exciting to be able to read Elder Hollands talk in the Ensign so I can REALLY tell what he was so passionate about.

I don't have a whole lot of time to write today, mainly because I spent a lot of time reading all the various emails and looking at the cute pictures of the kiddlets. (thank you! I love communication) They are all so cute. I can't wait to see all the new things in a year ( yes, only 1 year left.. what the?) We had been teaching all about prophets the week leading up to conference, inviting everyone to come hear a living prophet speak to us. It's pretty incredible that we have a prophets today. Just saying. Thanks for the forward of Justin's letter. He looks like he's doing just fabulously! Please tell him I say hello. Oh, actually... can I get his address from someone? I should write him sometime. His picture of Mexico looks just like Thailand. The first day here in Thai town I remember looking around and asking "are you sure this isn't Mexico?" it doesn't help that Thai people often look Hispanic to me.... hola?

Can someone PLEASE give me Tara/Laura address?... I know it's really their job to write ME and give me their address first, but they're probably not writing because I haven't written yet..but they forget I can't write unless I have some place to send it. I figure if I put this questions out to the masses, I may get an answer.. Larvie, Tarlena... what the heck.... just email at least. I love and miss you both and think about you often... I just don't write because i can't. I've got letter's ready to go... so it's now Up to YOU.

Just in case anyone thinks I'm over here in Thailand breaking rules by going on to Facebook. Don't be alarmed... It's not me. I don't even think I remember my password... But apparently Jenny does...? Sooo ...if you get a comment or something-- it's not from me. OH facebook.....
On a side note..Internet is ruining the future of children here in Thailand. They are addicted to games. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time away from all electronics and Am glad i get to do it for another year before I have to go back to really life...

I've started to keep my own "key indicators" Number of dead squished frogs I've seen: 7 since moving to this area. Number of live ones in our house: 1..

Ok.. 2 mins.. That's all I got for today. I must go.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all. Seriously.

Thank you.

The Church is True

Love,

Sister O'Neil

No comments: