Aug 25, 2010

Hello one and all, 8/24/10

Please forgive the delay, this has been a crazy week filled with trainings, meetings and changing P-days. So yes... our "day" is today, so here I am. (oh computer "raan" surprise... just discovered day old "kanom" wrappers behind my keyboard...oh thai teens...yum...) anyways, that's beside the point. Oh happy 2nd Chinese new year, too... yesterday was all full of Chinese treats and giving food to monks. (at least for Thai gentiles...not for me) (also besides the point) So yes. As I said, this week has been a little different. The church has changed the way they train missionaries, and so yesterday was our first full day of training (i knew it was coming...we heard rumors and then I read Justin's email which talked about it, so I wasn't surprised). It was great too! I kinda felt like I was back in the MTC, (which you all know i loved) It was all the the "leaders" in the mission together talking about the doctrine of Christ and ways to help our investigators understand prayer and reading more... There was just simply too much amazing information to remember or use, so I'm hoping and praying that my brain mixed with quasi-copious notes will be enough to help me recall and use everything we learned. AND that was just day ONE. Yes... we get another FULL 8-10 hours of training tomorrow. YAY! (¨ÃÔ§) I've especially loved watching "the District 2".. (first movie I'm gonna watch when I ¨º...I think only recent RM's would get that...sorry) .Along with all the fun from the meetings, we get to have fun switch offs, too. I'm loving life because I was able to be comps with sister Young again. (love my life) These three days are fun for our real companions too, because since all the trainers are at meetings all day...the greenies are all being companions. So the incredible Sister Jolley and Sister Herschi (both greenies) spent all day yesterday (and will again tomorrow) taking care of our area. It's great. I know that because it's hard, they will be please, so our areas should all be doing awesome this week! Yay for the gift of tongues! All the changes that are coming to the mission just make me realize how different my mission experience will be than my current new companion... but that's the great part about eternal progression: things just get better and better!

I know this past week included a lot more than just that... but I kinda can't remember anything...If it's more than 37 hours old and not related to investigators, I've probably forgotten it. Teaching, preaching, finding, learning, LAUGHING (as always). The usual...just different...every day. Oh, Muk's getting baptised this Sunday. That's good.

This church is true. Everything comes back to the Book of Mormon. It's true. I know it is. I can't dis-prove it, and I can't deny the feeling of truthfulness that comes from reading it. If anyone wants to know if God is real and if He cares about you, read his handy book of "Answers to ALL of life's problems" aka The Book of Mormon. You hate your life? You want more happiness? Want to know what the heck we're supposed to do with this thing called life? READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. Heavenly Father will answer your prayers. But you have to do your part first. you have to ask, and then use faith (aka...action...aka read, go to church, pray some more...)

Oh family, what more can I say? I love my life. I love yours for you when you keep the commandments.

Now I must go. A baby tiger is hanging out somewhere waiting for me to hold it..... or at least pet its mom.

Awesome.

Sister O'Neil

P.S. Sister Hulme!! (Bri) welcome...I just love you. Good luck at school! i wish you were here to sing for us as we ride through perfect.... word
Brenda...I love that you have sleep overs for your kids...
Kellie... Zebra cakes. :) She might should
TARA.... are you in Asia yet?
Laura... I had a dream and you were my Pregnant companion somewhere in America...the other Sisters didn't like us because we didn't dress all high-so like them.. Then I delivered your baby.... on a movie set? yeah....i don't know..


p.P.S..Mom... I'm glad you liked that stamps. my friend at the post office thought I was crazy for using those stamps... I'm glad you had such a great time all over the country and at Ed week...
Megan... your house looks cool...or at least sounds cool...that one picture wasn't much... just white walls... but still-- YOUR HOUSE. and your girls are just too cute to die.
Lisa... yay for girly shopping with the little one. I love you life.

No comments: