Aug 1, 2010

8/1/10


Well, It's day 2 of August and it's already awesome. Fast Sundays are always miracle days, especially as a missionary. The Lord really does bless us if we keep the commandments and we do all that we can with diligence and faith. This week was a typical week filled with highs, lows and hilarity, and we worked hard every day and on Sunday we saw the blessings from our "work" (which...still doesn't feel like i did anything but walk around and talk to randos).

So my dear new companions BRAND NEW bike broke on her, like 3 times this week (always the same problem of the pedals falling off) so I spent some time riding her bike around with one pedal ,..it was hilarious... i don't know who to describe it correctly for you... but there was some taping of the foot to the pedal involved, (with the dumbest tape ever.... where's the duct tape when you need it?) and then it just got funnier when each side took turns falling off. So we then spent a lot of time walking around town. (in fact the first FULL day of just walking in my mission... typically we ride our bikes everyday). Through all of walking and "preaching" we found several potentials and had a great time. Yesterday (Sunday) I mentioned was an awesome day, and it was because 1. we saw many of the less active people we've been working with come back to church (YAY) 2. The ward council is really do a great job at trying to become a real PMG ward. 3. The members, I just love them all... especially Sister Daw and Brother Pruck.(they are freaking hilarious). 4. We were able to find 9 new investigators (2 couples, a family of 3, and 4 of a members kids who just started coming to church) AWESOME... Plus I just love my companion and we have way too much fun together. So all in all my life is sweet, and I'm still in Thailand doing the best thing in the world, so what more could I ask for? ( NOT FOOD, thanks Oliver! The members feed us way too much this week... or at least it felt like it) ok, that's a lie... a little something something would be nice right now... I only ate a little oatmeal this morning and now it's 11... so maybe I'll go spend 33 cents a eat some delicious pineapple. (yummmm....yes please)

Ok... this is really random... but does anyone know if I have to buy a keyboard that has thai on it already to type in thai from a comp in America? or can they already do it... I just need to buy some labels so i know what "letter" is where on the board? I just wanted to throw that out there before i forgot.

but really, how is it august... it makes me sick.

I hope everyone has a great week this week! Lots of traveling for you all.. Oh hey Chris!! CONGRATS!! you look good and now you're way smarter than I'll ever be. Yay for the MASTER MAN. And tell Dan sweet work on the manquilt. enjoy Con, Jr. Baptism. what a cute little man.. All the Thai people love all the kids, I have a picture of them on the back of my planner and they love them. all...especially Izzy.. For some reason they all think Michael is a "luug Krrxng" aka.. Half thai/farang... or he's Arabic? I don't really know... it's just interesting. Umm yes... so once again.. I love you all. Keep up the good work. Love life and the Lord and then you'll love your life even more.

Until next week!,

Love, Sister O'Neil

No comments: