Jan 4, 2010

...and I'm back....

Ok. I'm back on. I just had to go ride an elephant real quick. Sorry about the delay.
So, Happy New Years, again. I hope you all had a great one filled with prosperous program selling and other shenanigans. New years in Chiang Mai was pretty much the coolest thing ever. New Years Eve night we went to a members house and ate Korean Style B-B-Q on the ground in the backyard and watched fireworks and the thousands of lanterns fill the sky. ( Note: Remember how we always made those lantern things at Uncle Neals house?.... well,.... Thailand's got us beat... BY A LOT. I guess thousands of years of practice would do that). And I was actually missing rose parade events a little bit until we went to the Walking Street Market, where we walked among the MASS of people jagging English fliers. So... check, and check. New years complete.
This week continued with preaching and teaching. I love it. There's this really cute Chinese girl we're teaching right now. It's kinda strange to teach in English... but she doesn't know Thai, and we don't know Chinese...so English it is. She's here getting her Masters at Chiang Mai University. She's great. (side note: when China opens... it will be a baptizing EXPLOSION).
In other news... I went to Thailand today. The Thailand I think I imagined when I first got my call. Yes. I really did just ride an Elephant. (Things to do in Thailand list: Ride Elephants.... CHECK!) We went way up into the Mountains and hopped on a beast I promptly called Moglie. (moagly? I can't spell anymore.) It was adventurous and I loved my life....even when it spit on us.. I really love Thailand.
And I really love you all. Thanks so much for the love and support. Mom, you're so cute. I did get that letter. And I think I have every week. So no worries. I don't want you (or anyone ) to feel like I feel neglected.. (except for a few of you.... you know who you are) haha. No really. I love you all. Thanks for you prayers and emails and letters. I really do appreciate it. Ok. Well, I think that's all for now.
Love,
Sister O'Neil

No comments: