Dec 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Hello dearest Family (and friends)!!!

Well... the big day has arrived! Today is Christmas in Thailand....for missionaries. Yes, Technically it's still two days away, but we are celebrating today seeing as it is P-day and we have a big ward activity to go to tonight. Christmas for me came a week early this year...Why? Do you ask...well...Last week was moved meeting...and I, of course moved again. But I was lucky enought to be called to move to heaven...aka "Chaing Mai" There are certain places that all missionaries in Thailand want to go, and apparently this is i... (There's only one other spot that they call the Celestial kingdom, but there are no sisters there... So this is just the second level of the celestial kingdom). So, after moves meeting was over we just sat around the church until we had to go to the train station, to sit around some more until the train came, and then we sat around some more. OK.. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE trains. Ok...well... even if you didn't...you do now. I love riding on trains... and I've always wanted to go on a train and you know, sleep in a sleeper car or something to the effect of Harry Potter.. So needless to say, I was excited. The train wasn't exactly like that though. We had beds, but it was like the Hogwarts Express, Thai-land version. (Aka, squatter toilets and such) I still loved it though. 12 glorious hours of seeing Thailand. The REAL deep Thailand. (yes please!)

So yes. I'm now serving in a great place called Chaing Mai (way up north). And, since I'm running out of time, I will just tell you all about it when you call me in a couple days. And yes, YOU have to call me...

Ok.. I better go now. I LOVE YOU ALL. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Talk to you soon!

Love, Sister O'Neil

Oh! I almost forgot... As of next Monday (the 28) P-day is changing to Monday!!!

No comments: