Well, I think I'll be able to write a pretty decent letter today. I don't have a lot to read or respond to (except for Brenda...I love your random emails...Is it me?! Is it me!? lol....what the? And #3 already? Dang GINA! Please tell her congrats from me from Thilandia) I hop[e that you are all having a grand and glorious week, making preparations for (Christmas (was in thai won't copy and paste into blogger)) and such. I can't believe it's soo soon. (Did I tell you I got and advent calendar... In honor of the Sherinians/Mom) I love it, in all it's chocolate glory (with ants...sometimes)
Anyhoo...where do I begin. I guess I should tell you that I was moved. I am now in a little place called (Lapburi) (yes, I did tell you about this place last week. We came up here to play with the monkeys and sunflowers). And here's what happened: President called me on Saturday morning and was like "Sister O'Neil, I need you to do something for me." (ok...) " I need you to pack your bags and be ready to go after 2 o'clock today" ("Ok....sure thing, Pres" but in my head I'm thinking "What the?! no!!! Gift's getting baptised tomorrow!") So, I get off the phone and my comps and the Elders were both like..."What's going on" "well, I'm moving to Lapbuir in 3 hours..." "WHAT?" Yes, it was all very exciting and unexpected...However, the good news was, Pres called back 4 min later and said "oh, sorry...You'll be moving tomorrow. (*whew*) I got my dates mixed up." So Sat night was spend packing up and such. The Sunday was a very eventful day. We started it off by going to church (where the Bishop made a special announcement and told everyone I was leaving (even though 20 min after I knew, everyone started calling...it was crazy how fast news travels) and had me say goodbye/testimony. Then we had Gift's baptism. Which was amazing! In the middle of Sunday school we realized we forgot to turn on the water! So the elders rand down there and started filling it (with 3 hoses). Elder Frouriizil did the honors, and even though she was WAY under already, I guess he didn't think she was, so he pushed her down more and then we PULLED her out and she came out gasping (it was sooo cold!) It was really just a grand sight to see. YAY! I LOVE this girl. I'm sure you'll all hear all about her all the time when I get home. So after Church, we were invited to eat Lunch at one of my favorite members house.... and pretty much all of my favorite people in the ward were there too. It was such a fun lunch. Then the APs came to pick me up and then the 3 of us Road tripped it out to Lopburi. It was such a weird thing to be road tripping in THAILAND, traveling though this beautiful country side, with 2 elders, while listening to Sufjan Stevens Christmas music, and talking about random deep doctrine stuff....Probably one of my favorite moments...so simple and so fun.
So I'm in this new area, but president said I'll be moving again at moves meeting, which is a week from today...*which means P-day is next Tuesday, so If you want to write, do it before Monday around 4pm ish???)* I didn't really know my new comp since she's been out of Bangkok the whole time, and I've been in it, but I feel like I've been comps with her for a long time already. Maybe it's because we had a 13 hour chat yesterday because she was sick! She's great (Megan and my comps sister are in the same ward in Idaho...random). And I pretty much love her already. yay!
Ok....well maybe I lied about write a long letter today. I got distracted. Maybe next week. Anyhooo, I better go now. I love you all!!
The Church is true!!
Love,
Sister Hili
No comments:
Post a Comment