Jun 30, 2009

This is it... Dont get scared now

Sawadii KHA for the LAST time at the MTC!!! Wooo.....never thought this day would come.. blag (weird). And man! WHAT A WEEEK to report on:

Where to start:

Well, this week was the Mission President Conference so that made things really fun here at the MTC (long lines at the cafeteria because half of it was cut off and saved for the mission presidents, everyone turning into stalkers trying to find the apostles or mission president, etc...more security). We sadly did not get to meet our mission president becasue they didn't want any of the presidents to get swine fly, so the only time we could have seen them was during the big devotional...but i didn't know what they look like..But whatever...I'll just wait 7 more days and then meet them in Thailand.

So The first exciting story from this week was getting our flights plans. That's always an exciting time. So it's offical: We leave the MTC on Monday at 5:30pm; then we have a layover in LAX from about 10pm to 1 am; then a layover in Taiwan, and then finally get to THAILAND on Wed at 11am. So I'll be making some calls during that time. (Sorry, if I wake anyone up). [oh, mom, to answer your questions... I don't think I need anything. thanks! The phone numbers are great! If you do need to get anything to me, just make sure it all will get here by noon on Monday the 6th. Dear Elders are the way to go if you need to tell me anything]

Continuing on... Friday was our big devotional and all the major Mormon Celebs were there. We had 7 out of the 12 : Holland, Perry, Oaks, Christofferson, Andersen, Bednard, Cook. AWESOME. Elder Holland talked to all of us (Mission Presidents and missionaries) about having a "Divine Companionship," not only with our companions, but with the Holy Ghost.
We've had AMAZING talks on listening and recognizing the Spirit while here at the MTC from the apostles... I've really loved my life. Sitting there in that devotional was really just amazing. Soo spiritual and fantastic to be there with all the missionaries and the presidents. Wow.. if you could only feel it.

Then Sunday was seriously, a Perfect day. My district and I were all sitting outside the main building, "studying" aka stalking the Presdiency.. (over the weekend, all 12 apostles AND the Presidency were here, but I didn't see them all). We sat outside and enjoyed the hot summer weather and then we noticed they started the cars up. Then, President Uchtdorf and his wife walked out, waved and hopped in the car and took off. (he's soo tall! acutally, they all are). As we're watching Pres. Uctdorf drive off, the Prophet walks out! He then walked over to where we were and we ended up talking to him for about 30 min. By the time he left, the group have grown from 10- maybe 150 or so...and we were right up front. We told him where we were going, and 3 of my elders talked with him. It was sooo cool. He's basically been everywhere.. Elder Jensen (in my district) asked him "where haven't you been?" and Pres. Monson thought about it for a min, smiled and said "home" He's amazing. So then I look over and President Erying is out there too, talking with the other group. So it was great. All three of those men are so tall and you can just feel the power and Spirit oozing out of them. It was just great.

Well, I better go.. time is almost up. Everything is just great. The church is true and I love my life. I love you all too! Next time I'll be writting from the other side of the world, and the future.

Love!!!!! Hilary

2 comments:

Laura Essig said...

ok so postage to Thailand:
letter under 1 oz or postcard: .98
an oversized letter: 1.24

to make sure that it gets there write "air mail" or "por avion" on both the front and back...

Sunless Tanner said...

can someone please tell this girl that I love her and miss her around. Also tell her that after efy is over and I have time to breathe, I will write regularly. Sorry for being a bad friend right now :(