Jun 28, 2009

Sawaddii Kha

Hanloo there!

Well, it's good (as per usual) to hear from you today, Mom. (i just noticed it said 3:35 am... can you still not sleep??!) Sounds like you're continuing to have many adventures. Yay for little Cracker. I can't wait to meet that kid. Sounds like Jenny will have a fun summer. Very busy! Good. Busy is the way to be. Life is better that way. However, I do think you, Mom, are too busy sometimes. And Dad. You should take a breather sometime. :) Which reminds me, When is the family trip? I was thinking about it today, and I only have about 2 weeks left here. Less than...I'll be on a plane somewhere over some ocean 2 weeks from today. We should get flight plans later this week, which is ridiculous to think about. (i just got here! What?!) So everyone, if you want to send me something while I'm still here in the MTC, make sure you do so by Next
Sat
...the 4th. (yoah, 4th of July already?!) Oh and Mom, While i'm thinking about it...I need the phone numbers of everyone who would like to cause me to call them from the airport (sorry...that was just THAi grammar...weird). Are you going to be traveling all together on July 5th or 6th? I'm not sure yet what day we leave, but I'll be able to tell you next week.

So...let's see what I have to tell you about this past week. (I'm glad you got my letter about last week, and for typing it and sending it. Lisa said that you did. So yay.) Don't worry, I'm still healthy...we're all on Tamiflu (which acutally makes me want to throw up somtimes, but I'll take that over the real SWINE). I feel like this was a rather uneventful week to report on...We really just do that same things everyday. But rather than just saying "i'm still on a mission" I'll share some of the things I can remember from this week:

Bishop Edgely (the presiding Bishop of the Church) spoke to us last week. He talked about being happy...different ways we can be happy and more Christlike. It was great...as per usual. I would explain more about it, but I don't have my notes from it, and I can only really remember THai words right now. But just trust that it was great.

On Sat, we taught in the TRC (as per usual) but this time I taught in a Trio with Elder Hollowell and Elder Partridge. We thought Partridge would still be in Qaurantine, but he was out and we all taught together. I got to teach the natives again...Still can't understand them, and they can't understand me, but I still LOVE it. And them.. They are fun. (I got a letter from my Phii-Thais (Sister Lifferth and Christensen) who have been in Thai Town from a month now and they said that no one can understand them, but they love it and can't wait for me to experience it too. They
said the elephants and longsia (broken stomach....aka Dierreah) are waiting for me. Ummm.....Yes, please. (?) ahah. Oh man...I can't wait. Speaking of mail. Yesterday was like Christmas...literally... Grandma is so sweet and she sent me some chocolates. De-lish. Christmas in (almost) July. Thanks!

The temple is now closed...That is too bad... it's weird having 3 extra hours to do things... I'd rather be at the temple. Oh well..I'll do that in a year and 4 months when I come home and feel awkward about life so I just end up going to the temple all day. Excellent. Can't wait. haha.

Oh, this week is our fun and exciting "celebrity" week. Wed starts the mission president conference, so there will be all kinds of General Authorities lurking around. Ok... I doubt they'll be "lurking" but maybe I will be, trying to see them. :) Becasue of the SWINE, I don't think we'll be able to meet our President becasue they don't want them to get sick, but that's ok...we only have to wait a week and then they'll pick us up from the airport in THAILAND. I'll be sure to give you the full report on the happenings here next week.

Well...time is almost up. I better go now. So you can acutally get it this week. I would hate for that to happen again...especially since i just spent 30 min typing this whole thing up.. :) Oh, but one last thing. Can I just tell you how much I still LOVE being on a mission. Thank you, AGAIN and always for you love and support. I miss you all. I'll talk to you (litterally...in voice...(not person) very soon.) LOVE YOU!!

Love, Sister O'Neil ( Hili)

p.s. "Oh, dear."

No comments: