Sawadii Kha!
well, here i am again. still in the MTC. I can't remember a time I WASN'T at the MTC.... or eating these delicious cookies (thanks Nicole!)
So let's think...what can I report?
This week was eternally long and amazing fast at the same time.
Seriously. Everyday is filled with 6 hours of class and 3 hours of
personal study time, companionship study, missionary directed time, etc
etc, yadda yadda. Same as the last 3 weeks. Some new and exciting things
are the fact that now our teachers are talking to us in almost 100%
Thai...which means I'm almost 100% lost...every day....all day...
Awesome. Acutally...it's not too bad. We're learning how to read and
write script now and I'm excited because I think that will be easier for
me to understand. It makes it easier to be able to say some of the
vowels, too.. Maybe one day my teacher will stop telling me it's ok to
throw up (he says it now because we make disgusting faces when we try to
say some of them). Speaking of teachers. Our one dear Brother Parker has
left us for the land of India! (dumblydore) He is really excited but he's
kind of a nervrous wreck too. One day he came in and was like "ok---for
BOM study today can we find all the scriptures about comfort? I just went
to our orientation meeting where they told us about all the things to be
careful about in India" I'm fairly confident he felt much better after
our discussion, especially becasue the first 5 scriptures Elder Cooper
shared were all something to the effect of "least ye die a horrible death
on this earth, be not affraid.."etc, etc. K that wasn't actually
scripture, but you get the idea. Speaking of scriptures. I realized
this week that I know absolutely nothing about the bible.... "the animals
they came on, they came on by twos-ies, twos-ies" LIES!!!! ALL LIES...
only some of them came on by 2s.... And where did these Giants come from
in Genesis Chapter 7? Are they just Adam and Eve's children who happen to
get Elephantitis? I have some much to learn....I'm so excited.
I hate how much I lose everything here. If it's not my pens, or planners
(both have been missing at one point) or PMG, or my mind...it's my blue
card of good and evil..(minus the evil part). I only go to 3 different
building everyday, why is it so hard? haha.
Oh, Elder Ballard came this week! He talked about desire and it was just
simply incredible. The church is true! Last night was hilariously fun.
My comps and I decided we needed an object lesson about Lehi and his
family. Therefore we recreated his journey in the wilderness by making a
tent in our room. Best sleepover ever...and we were still asleep by
10:30 (as mandated by higher powers). I love the MTC. I love being a
missionary. I'm sad that my comp leaves next week though. She's off to
Cambodia already! Then in 2 weeks the Phii-Thais leave.... AHHH... I
don't know what I'll do.
Well time is almost up again. Thank you everyone for your amazing letters
of love and support. This week I totally won. I got 6 letters AND a
package in ONE DAY. BONUS. So thank you, thank you. Oh and a couple
things. Jill and Riles...Cracker is sooooooo cute!! I show him off all
the time. Tarlena...I need your address..so write to me! Oh, and TJ..
spider dead. Spider= your address.. Please, write immediately. :)
AHHH 38 seconds!! BYE!!!
Love you alll!!!
rag, Hilary!
No comments:
Post a Comment