May 29, 2009

Aray Kan?

Aray kan (what's up?)

Well... here I am....STILL.... in the MTC. Today's a bit weird for me
though. I don't have a companion! I don't even have any roommates. I'm
truly a "loner Sister". The Phii-Thais left yesterday and are probably
still in Taiwan, leaving me with an empty room. It's kinda nice though..
only becasue It gives me a chance to clean it and prepare for the next
roommates. My new comp, who is also going to Cambodia, arrives tomorrow!
yay! And then next week we get 15 new Thai missionaries (only 2 are
sisters) So that will fill the room back up.

I left my room and forgot to bring my little sticky note with what I
wanted to tell you this week, but I think I can remember it. Hopefully.
If not...you'll never know anyways. :) Oh, Happy memorial day. I didnt'
even realize it was yesterday until some random missionary was like
"what's memorial day?" And i said "what the? And you call yourself an
American...." (shaken head) and then he said "actually...no.. I'm
Canadian." Oh, right. haha. Holidays and days of the week don't exsist
in my world anymore. It's just all Sunday- ish... And happy b-day
Adrian! OH! which reminds me: We had 4 elders in our branch for a while
that were going to your parentals mission! They left probably a week ago,
but I kept forgetting to tell you. I was really excited. There was this
one kid, Elder Finance (yep) who we called Napolean casued he seriously
was Napolean Dynamte (yep). Anyways.... I made sure to tell them who
lucky they were every week (cause they really are. That'd be SO fun to
have the McCrackens as my Mission Presidents) And every week I drilled
them to make sure they knew my name and then made them promise to tell
your parents hello for me. So I hope they succeeded in life. For me.
Nicole! I hope you're feeling better! That does not sound like fun. :(

Oh, while I remember. Please forgive me in advance if I forget any really
important date (i.e. Birthdays, anniversaries, O'Neil family national
holidays, independence days (of anyone or country), Pi day, etc etc...)
Like I previously mentioned...I don't know days here, let alone
dates...but I'll do my best. Oh! And please forgive my ridiculous
spelling, I try to go so fast, I don't even care. And then this email
system is so ridiculous it doesn't even have spell check! (so maybe
proofreading this before posting it would be cool.. ;) is that too much
to ask? Sorry I'm so needed... I'm just saying... ) Awesome.

Oh, also while I remember. Check out Dearelder.com... it's a really easy
way to get letters to me that same day FOR FREE..... (FOR FREE!!!?!) yes.
It's like email, but then put in my box everyday in hardcopy form. So
that's fun for everyone.

Umm...what else about the week.. Like I said before, we're 100% in Thai
now. But even more; We're TEACHING in Thai now. For the last 5 weeks
we've been teaching in English, but from here on out, we're TOTAL THAI.
Script is still coming along. I can acutally sing out of a Thai script
hymn book now. It's helping becasue it's broken up into syllables and we
don't really have to worry about tones so much... yay!

Oh, I went to the Referral center to do "chats" this week. If you ever go
to mormon.org and you click on that "wouldn't it be nice if all your
answers could be answered now? Ask us!" button.... you'll be getting
me...Or my fellow MTC missionaries. It's kinda fun. But honestly, people
can be so ridiculous...and by people...i kinda mean Satan. People take no
responsibilty for what they say when they're chatting on line becasue
it's not in person. However, I'm not going to lie...SOME of the chats can
be highly entertaining. (like yesterday someone asked me if getting a
gold grill for the dog so they could have a gold mouth dog"!" would be
considered animal cruelty.) I laughed for a while... And then other
chats are really great and spiritual so it's really neat.

Oh... so i didn't really think there were callings for sister
missionaries, but there are. I'm the new coordinating sister for my zone
(by defult-cuase i'm going to be here for FOREVER) but I like it. I just
get to know everyone who comes through a little bit more. OH! and i get
to go to these great meeting with Sister and President Madsen (Mark
Madsen's parentals. They are so great and funny and Sister Madsen is one
of my favorite parts of the week (she kinda reminds me of Shannon from
Afognak, mixed with Sister Morgan and Sister Roberts) I love her. She
told us how she ate mangos in the bathtub with her companions.. So we
all ate dried mangos on the top bunk together.

Ok... well that's it... 50 sec.

LOVE YOU ALL!!

rag, Hilary!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

thugging out your dog could never be cruel....dont hate the playa hate the game! er...dog er something. haha! miss you hil!!