Nov 16, 2011

Settle Down

The other night while catching up with my long lost roomie, Amy, I remembered a random experience from one of the greatest adventures of my life. No, not the mission, but rather my 2 week vaca to my dream land of London town (and Paris... but this story is from London).  I believe it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Kellie and our new found BYU study abroad friend, Ali, had spent the morning trying to find the LDS church, then sat through 3 hours listening to the good word and sweating. You see the air conditioning stopped working... awesome. And London is muggy.  Anyhoo.... so we went to church and then walked through Hyde park, enjoying seeing Albert Hall and Memorial. And of course the chairs....

we didn't pay......about that...


  Eventually we found our way to speakers corner and had a grand time listening to some crazy Brits get their free speech on.  After enjoying some soapbox rants, we walked across the street and found a GREAT store... kinda like H&M.... but I can't remember the real name. After spending a few hours shopping (yes...sinner, I know....)  Kellie and I grabbed our newly acquired gems and headed back to our hostel, Palmers 'Lodge. Now here's the whole reason for this post:

 As we were walking through the busy streets, this random old man grabs my attention because we acted like he wanted  to ask me a question.. So I slowed down and he said to me,


 "It's about time you got married and had children." 


uhhhhh.......whaaaaa????

Kellie, of course, started laughing uncontrollably which made me lose it, too (as always. That girls laugh is infectious!) What the RANDOM?!....for real. I loved it.  This is just another example of why I LOVE people. Thank you old man for telling me that. I'm sure everyone else agrees with you. They'd love it if I did actually listen to your suggestion..(command..?)

In a related note.... Is it ironic that my new favorite song right now is called "Settle Down"? I love everything about this.  Amy, (yay AMY!!! since you're pretty much the only person who reads this) thanks again for "approving" this song because it's about marriage.  Enjoy.



No comments: