Oct 5, 2011

I'm watching you.... probably

 At work we have these great big windows that I love. Why do I love them? Well, not only does it make me feel like there is still a way to escape, BUT I can constantly participate in my favorite past time activity: people watching   I don't know why it's so fun to observe people, but it IS! Especially at places like Disneyland, or the beach, but anywhere where there is people is great. Those of you who share this passion understand why I love it, but there are sometimes those who, unfortunately, just think you're the weird girl who just sits and stares at people (true story). Either way, I don't care, and I love people watching. No matter where I am. AND I always feel like I might know someone. Thailand, Paris, London,...yes... the chances of me actually knowing anyone just randomly walking down the street are slim to ZERO, but I still get that feeling. Every time.

 Today there was a great show going on outside starring one very excited man-child. (I guess I should mention the fact that there is a bus stop in front of the store, which is why there are always so many people just hanging out outside). At first I thought this guy was just talking to his BFF on his bluetooth and telling him how exciting his 4 dates were this past weekend (he was throwing his hands up in the air flashing his 4 fingers like he was either ordering 4 orders of chicken mcnuggets from the McDonald's across the street, or he was just SO excited that he felt that his friend would understand it more if he showed him...over the phone..)

 Either way this guy was stellar.  My co-worker and I were just having a great time watching him. Then the hilarity level when up a notch when he turned around and we discovered that his ear was empty and he was really just talking to himself!

This is really how excited he was talking to himself.


So this guy was just a regular crazy, right? Well,  I wasn't sold on that idea just yet, so I went and asked him what was going on. Turns out my dear new friend, Jason, was just "excited.  You know...talking to myself."  We chatted for a little bit and found out where he lives, and what he does, and about how we both talk to ourselves sometimes (I'm rarely as animated or public as him...but let's be honest- who DOESN'T talk to themselves). That's all I really learned about Jason. I said goodbye and then went back into work to watch him again until the bus came and took him back to his apartment.

If I had to determine what the point of this post is (cause, let's be honest, is there ever any point to my posts...?.) I guess it would have to be that I just LOVE people. And I like talking to strangers. Not all the time, but every once in a while the urge to talk to a complete stranger and get to know their story is so strong it can not be suppressed (now, the urge to get to know the entire life story of my friends is a constant... so sorry if I always want to hang out and talk.....I will be that way until I know EVERYTHING....just a warning to those of you who I'm just getting to know.....which is none of you who read this blog, but whatevs....). Love thy neighbor. They could be your new best friend... you don't know...


Pinned Image


2 comments:

Qwendykay said...

I ADORE people watching.... and deer watching. I make up stories about my deer all the time.

Cami Rivas said...

So, even though the part about the man was entertaining, I have to admit: the funniest part to me was that you actually had the guts to APPROACH the potential-weirdo! And then you had a conversation with him! *Hahaha* :) Good for you Hily :)