Yeah! ! ! ! Greetings from Thailand! ! ! !
Oh man.... I can't tell you how fun that is to day. I love that I'm STILL in Thailand. I know I'm so very lucky. So thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and greetings (and packages....even for the ones I have yet to receive, but you said were on their way. We go down to Moves meeting this wed, so on Thursday, we'll see if they made it to this country yet) and everything else. I love you all.
Umm... lets see. I can't even remember what happened this week because I CAN'T believe it's Monday again. ALREADY. Time is flying. . . (Which we are thankful for sometimes because let's be honest... we'd probably hate our broken lives if it was going slow... haha) We're just one week closer to normal-ness. YAY!!!
We had some pretty cool miracles this week.
Dang it.... I just accidentally deleted the last paragraph I wrote....but here it is again... the Readers Digest version:
So we've been teaching this mom and daughter and had invited them to be baptised about 2 weeks ago, but they said they weren't ready. So this past Thursday we were meeting with them again and Sister Nielsen and I decided we were going to invite her again, but we didn't even get the chance! She came right into our appointment and started telling us about how she got her answer and that they wanted to be baptised ASAP. And better yet, she already asked the district president to baptise her... Soo.... it's all set... April 18th. SO that's a miracle. We're pretty excited. Then yesterday night, I was home alone and the phone rang. It was the mom (a newish member) of an investigator of ours and all she said when I answered the phone was
"**(sorry can't type the Thai symbols)**"" (She's good)
I was so confused. But basically just went on to say "Oh, she's ready... she wants to be baptised. Can we do it before the end of the month? Here, want to talk to her. Oh, she doesn't want to talk. Ok... thanks sister.. Bye"
and then she hung up...
So.... I'm thinking we'll have another baptism this month....
What the random. I love my life.
OK... what else. Oh, District conference was this week. President and Sister Smith came up for it, so it was fun to see them again. Elder Perry and I (the cripples) were the butt of EVERY single speakers jokes on Sat night (except pres and sister smith...they didn't mention us...thank goodness) IT was kinda ridiculous.... I'll tell you more stories from this later. I don't feel like typing it all now. But here;s a teaser... it involves me on the ground, yelling "hellelijah!" (or however you spell it)... That will be fun to tell you later. :)
I think that's all for today. Last night I laughed harder than I have for a long time because my comp was sleep talking. She really loves Disneyland and "fish food" ice cream.... and it was in Thai-glish too.... which just made it better. Oh man.... I love my comp! Yay!
Well....
I love you all!
Love, Sister O'Neil
P.S. A big shout out to my birthday buddies... AMY! Bagel, Jelly Belly, Aunt Brenda... And everyone else I may have temporarily forgotten. I still love you though!! I hope you all had/have a great day filled with cake and ice-cream. I will be spending my birthday....1st class - cross country Thai-Hogwarts train Style.... can't wait. It'll be a party for sure.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Oh.... p.p.s. myldsmail is changing soon... so.... i should be able to give you a new e-mail address by next week... if not... last week of march until I tell you the new one, make sure to send it to both myldsmail AND gmail....ok... grood.
No comments:
Post a Comment